Return to [ 07 | April | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:48:10 PST8
From: "Harry Motin" <hmotin@sbcglobal.net >
To: < "scoug-help@scoug.com" > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: bootAble Presentation

Content Type: text/plain

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:51:09 PST8, Sandy Shapiro wrote:

>I have bootAble now working -- and burning -- on my laptop.
>
>I am happy to work with Harry on the presentation (I like handouts!). So
>if he has a presentation already prepared, lets go with that.
>
>I will bring my stuff and be prepared to discuss whatever people are
>interested in.

Sandy and Steven,
I guess I missed several E-Mails on this exchange. The last one that I remember is J.R.
saying that he would be a backup for this presentation, but not in April, May perhaps.

Anyway ....,

OK, no I do not have a presentation already prepared. I was going to work on it this
weekend (along with the taxes). The presentation soft copy would be an *.html file. You
would use a web browser to view it. The hard copy would be a paper printout of the
same.

Sandy, I'd like to coordinate the presentation with you, so that it coincides with the
various things that you are going to do in presenting bootAble to the group. For
example:

1. Are you going out to the "http://www.xs4all.nl/~hrbaan/" website to grab
the bootAble distribution and download, unzip it to your computer and then from there
use it to configure bootAble for your system (and then finally burn a CD)?

2. Do you copy any extra programs and/or files to your CD for your own
utility, when booting from the CD?

3. Do you use the CD for system recovery (full system crash recovery) or
do you use it only for system maintenance?

4. If you use it for crash recovery, what backup/restore system do you
use? And, are you going to go "almost all the way" in your presentation to show just how
you would recover? By "almost all the way", I mean go right up to the final step just
before committing to a restore. What are the gottas that you look for in your
bootAble/restore system?

A copy of your personalized bootAble configuration file would be helpful
HCM

Return to [ 07 | April | 2006 ]