Return to [ 27 | April | 2006 ]

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:25:25 PST8
From: sshapiro@ucsd.edu (Sandy Shapiro)
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: sound question

In , on 04/27/06
at 12:53 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

>In <200604271913.k3RJDQg1043818@pimout5-ext.prodigy.net>, on 04/27/06
> at 12:13 PM, sshapiro@ucsd.edu (Sandy Shapiro) said:

>>I am using the latest Uniaud drivers that I can find.

>>Is there something I can tweak, or should I learn to live with clipped
>>sound?

>It's not supposed to work this way. I'd have to suspect something is not
>playing nice with the shared IRQ used by your sound card. rmview /i
>might provide some clues.

It looks like irq 5 shares the audio with the USB host controller?

OS/2 Ctrl+Esc = Window List Type HELP =
help
IRQ Level = 1 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE KBD_0 Keyboard
Controller
IRQ Level = 2 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE PIC_1
IRQ Level = 4 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = MULTIPLEXED SERIAL_0 Serial
Controller

IRQ Level = 4 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = MULTIPLEXED SERIAL_1 Serial
Controller

IRQ Level = 5 PCI Pin = C Flg = SHARED EHCI Compliant USB
Host Con troller
IRQ Level = 5 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = SHARED VIA 823x rev70 with
Realtek
ALC655 rev 1
IRQ Level = 6 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = MULTIPLEXED FLOPPY_0 Floppy
Controller
IRQ Level = 7 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = MULTIPLEXED PARALLEL_0 Parallel
Port Ad apter
IRQ Level = 8 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE RTC
IRQ Level = 10 PCI Pin = A Flg = SHARED Symbios SYM53C8XX
Controlle r
IRQ Level = 12 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE AUX_0 PS/2 Auxiliary
Device
Controller
IRQ Level = 14 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE IDE_0 (E)IDE
Controller
IRQ Level = 15 PCI Pin = NONE Flg = EXCLUSIVE IDE_1 (E)IDE
Controller

(Let me know if you can't read this).
Sandy

Return to [ 27 | April | 2006 ]