Return to [ 29 | April | 2006 ]

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:15:29 -0700
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: WarpVision Has Gone GA

In <445419D2.9060907@adelphia.net>, on 04/29/06
at 06:58 PM, Colin Campbell said:

>Following your advice, I tried to figure out something about "SNAP
>Overlay plugin". Is this a reference to SNAP's video overlay support,

Yes. It is the Scitech equivalent of Valery's Warp Overlay.

>I haven't found any mention of a browser plugin or SNAP plugin.

The SNAP plugin is the WarpVision SNAP plugin. Note the subject of the
thread you started.

>Assuming you meant video overlay, I tried to implement it, without
>success. =====

Hmm.

>Knowing you like "the facts", here is what I've done:

It's not some much that I like facts. I like imaginative stories just
fine. However, general questions get general answers. This is by
necessity. If I could read minds, I'd know the question that should have
been asked and I would just answer it. Unfortunately, I don't read mines,
so it's a limitation I have to live with.

>through a Full Screen dialog where I chose [A] Video Overlay Tests, [3]
>24 bits per pixel modes (because I have 16M in the colors field), then
>[H] 1280x1024x24, 34 page, Stereo, NonVGA (for which 24 bit video mode
>to test), then [0] User Default (75 Hz) for the refresh rate (because
>that is what the properties page shows).

>I got:
>Choice: Video acceleration not available!
>ERROR: Video mode did not set correctly!
>Press any key to continue...

Not good. Maybe Dell customized something.

>The SNAPOS2.PDF manual doesn't mention video overlay at all (the word
>"overlay" is not found).

It's probably not been updated yet. The overlay support is realitively
new.

>Is this a question for the SciTech folks?

If you purchased a copy of SNAP from them, yes. Otherwise, you need to
open a support ticket at the eComStation site. You might want to browse
the Scitech forums for references to your specific video chipset.

Steven

Return to [ 29 | April | 2006 ]