Return to [ 03 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:11:21 PST8
From: Sheridan George <s-geo@usa.net >
To: scoug-help <scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Flash-memory computer

Content Type: text/plain

The past two weeks have been taxing because it was finals week and then they had to be graded by
Wednesday (the one just past) added to the fact I was told on Thursday I would be teaching an Intro
to Tech class starting Monday (this past Monday) for which there is no curriculum. I finally got
all grades in today (two days late) and have found a unit from the Business Applications class to
teach in the Intro class that has given me a little breathing room. I said all of that to say I
haven't touched my new computer at all. But I hope to cut some slack for myself tomorrow.

At the January meeting it looked like the computer was actually installing eCS. But after close to
and hour we decided the thread that ran the counter was working but nothing else was. There was no
activity on the DVD drive for some time. We could see the spindle thru the center window. Bummer.

Now for the question: one of the thoughts (expressed by Steven) was that there may be some timing
issues with the flash cards. If there are some controls in the BIOS that will allow me to set some
CPU/Memory speeds, is that something that should be looked at? Or, are the timing issues ones that
can't be addressed that easily?

Sheridan

Return to [ 03 | February | 2006 ]