Return to [ 26 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:43:30 PST8
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: site check

Content Type: text/plain

--- Jeffrey Race wrote:

> No matter where I click on the page with the
> directional controls, I get

I don't know if it has any bearing re your example,
but there are definitely some things we are excluded
from by virute of using Moz or FF. If you go to the
video clips (current or archive) of CBS News, I think
you will see what I saw the other day: some button
options don't show up at all (vs. what you'll see if
accessing from MS Internet Exploiter), and several
navigational controls that you *can* see have zero
effect when you click on them. Maybe it has something
to do with the integration of a particular video
player (where IE is presumably going to have
advantages), but it's *not* an OS-specific thing, per
se. I observed this using Moz 1.7.12 *for the Dark
Side*, and my guess is that current release FF for
that platform wouldn't be much different.

I guess what I'm saying is that some site
functionality one encounters is just going to be IE
only these days, like it or not.

Jordan

Return to [ 26 | February | 2006 ]