Return to [ 17 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:04:38 PST8
From: "Michael Rakijas" <mrakijas@adelphia.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Keeping hidden files off USB drive

** Reply to message from Tom Brown on Sun, 12 Feb 2006
14:53:58 PST8

> OK, a couple of suggestions...
>
> 1. Can you copy the .MP3 files to the device from the command line? It
> has been my experience with a similar device (which also locks up when
> it sees "EA DATA. SF") that copying via the command line will not create
> that @#$%^& file!

I can use a DOS command line to copy the files with EA DATA. SF not being
created. That became the basis of the my current solution which was to create
a DOS batch file. Highly limited but it works ... most of the time. I'd like
to use the more flexible file manipulations techniques, though.

> 2. On Hobbes there is a program that may be able to deal with your
> problem after the fact:
>
> /pub/os2/util/disk/r_eadata.zip
>
> I have NOT tested this at all!
>
> HTH

I'll give it a shot. I have to travel to Dallas this week so I'll report back
when I give it a chance. Thanks.

-Rocky

Return to [ 17 | February | 2006 ]