Return to [ 06 | January | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:34:03 PST8
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: ThinkPad Z60t progress continues

Content Type: text/plain

--- Mark Abramowitz wrote:

>> How did you decide on the Z60t model, which is new
> to me?
>
> I really didn't have the time to go through the
> normal, more rigorous
> process I usualy go through in making a decision
> like this.

I was previously unaware of a Z series of TP at all.
I have heard of an R series (which might have been one
I saw written up in the VOICE newsletter a while back,
the crux of the article being that -- since it was not
on the officially supported list -- would they be able
to get all or most of its components to work under
OS/2, and how difficult would this be ?), and my
brother has an X series . . . but he definitely dwells
on the Dark Side of computer use.

Anyway, I think the X & R series are supposed to be in
the "lights" notebook class. So perhaps the Z's are
too ? Personally, I've always thought that if I got a
laptop, I'd more likely be interested in a 3-spindle
job -- your full "desktop replacement" type option --
and not worry about the extra size / weight. I mean,
the only laptop I ever had, back in the Pleistocene of
portable computers, was a Toshiba T-1100+. B & W
screen, dual 720 floppies, no HDD. I think it tipped
the scales at 17 pounds ! So, if I ever got back into
laptops, something with all the contemporary
functionality that weighed only half that much would
*seem* relatively light.

Jordan

Return to [ 06 | January | 2006 ]