Return to [ 04 | January | 2006 ]

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:09:20 PST8
From: Colin Campbell <cmcampb@adelphia.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Freecell and aros2.exe...?

Content Type: text/plain

Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> I am a Freecell junkie, but sometimes it traps when running under eCS. I
> can run the freecell.exe from Win@K with ar5os2.exe, but the cards are
> the wrong color. I have tried cards.dll from OS/2 and Win2K. I once read
> how someone solved this problem, but I don't remember where. Can anyone
> help me with this low tech problem?
>
> Martin

Martin,
I also waste a good deal of time on Freecell. I happened across the
"fix" to your problem in Newsgroup comp.os.os2.apps back in October.
There is a thread with the subject "Freecell with Odin".

It took me a while to find it again, but here is the golden reply form a
poster named Steve Wendt:
Fred Blau wrote:

> I'll just leave it alone for now, and maybe give it another try, if
and when a newer Odin is released.

This will never be fixed, as the change was in wgss50.dll, an IBM
component that no one else has the source code for. The only "fix" is
to get the modified cards.dll, which I believe is in the Files section
of this group:

You will have to join the group before you can access it...
=====
I did this, and copied the DLL to both of my PCs. It made both the
Win2K and the WinXP Freecell versions work! (The major difference I've
seen between the two versions is that the Win2K and older versions allow
you to choose specific games between 1 and 32000; the WinXP version
allows 1,000,000 specific games!)
Colin

Return to [ 04 | January | 2006 ]