Return to [ 30 | March | 2006 ]

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:05:00 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: WarpVision Once Again...

In <442CCD28.5030504@adelphia.net>, on 03/30/06
at 10:33 PM, Colin Campbell said:

>Maybe my WarpVision install and your car both need a tune up to get them
>to play WMV files!

Perhaps, although I doubt I'm going to spend much time trying to get my
car to do this. However, in life, there are few absolutes.

> From F:\WVGUI, I typed "video2 f:\User\Mpeg\Price_of_Gas.WMV".

Ah, I see you are learning to describe what you really did.

>The WVGUI directory on my F: drive is where I unzipped WarpVision back
>in August of 2005.

Do you have any particular reason to prefer such an ancient version.
Consider this

wvgui1.0rc3.zip 2,974,136 .a.. 3-14-06 12:01:04

>I haven't tried using it from SeaMonkey yet,

Don't bother. Commen sense says if it will not work from the command
line, it's not going to work any better as a plugin.

>or tried to set up an icon
>to run it from the Desktop, or, if there are other ways to "run" WV, I
>haven't tried those either, since I don't know them.

Again, see above for why you don't care yet.

>Also, please remember that I'm still looking for a guide of some kind to
>how I can put all the pieces together to run WarpVision successfully.

You're going to get it as you go. So far, based on what you've said,
you've only installed wvgui. Get that upgraded first and then you can
decide what you want to do next. You get to choose whether you want to
get the Odin codecs working first or the SeaMonkey plugin.

>I have read here and there that folks have successfully used (I almost
>said "run") WarpVision to view commercial DVD movies. So far, I can
>barely get WarpVision to show me the simplest videos.

Running a current version will help. If you are actually running the
current version and didn't tell me, you should ask yourself why.

Steven

Return to [ 30 | March | 2006 ]