Return to [ 27 | March | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:15:58 PST8
From: "Harry Motin" <hmotin@sbcglobal.net >
To: < "scoug-help@scoug.com" > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Network Not Working

Content Type: text/plain

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:59:05 PST8, Steven Levine wrote:

>First thing is make sure you have the most recent version of NicPAK. If
>you do have the most recent, I recommend you report the problem to Chuck.

Yes, I downloaded the latest NICPak just before attempting to install NIC drivers. I wrote
a bug report for Chuck McKinnis on os2warp.be Technical Support Services.

>> VIA VT6102 Rhine II Another OS/2 NDIS MAC driver ver.1.06 (200512-17)
>> info: Set Power Management Status to D0 and/or clear PMESTS.
>
>You need to ask the author what this means, or read the source code. ;-)
>IIRC, the source is included.
> ioctl(SIOCAIFDDR): Invalid Arg
> E:\MPTN\BIN\VDOSCTL.EXE
> Press Enter to continue

Thank you. I contacted Nobuyuki Yanagihara on os2warp.be Technical Support
Services. He's helping me with the "Power Management" error message

The "ioctl(SIOCAIFDDR): Invalid Arg" error IS NO LONGER A PROBLEM.

It was caused by statements in my "setup.cmd" file that refer to a second LAN on my
system. That was a mistake and a holdover from the "setup.cmd" file from my previous
system. I had 2 NIC's on that system and a LAN attached to each. On my new system I
have only 1 NIC installed, so far (the VIA NIC on the motherboard). Therefore the
second LAN configuration statements are now "REM'ed" out, until I install that
second NIC.
HCM

Return to [ 27 | March | 2006 ]