Return to [ 19 | March | 2006 ]

Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:11:20 PST8
From: Zdenek Jizba <jizba@verizon.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: install old printer

Content Type: text/plain

Steven Levine wrote:
> In <441C3578.2030805@verizon.net>, on 03/18/06
> at 08:29 AM, Zdenek Jizba said:
>

>> Actually I did not think that using WP was a big deal. I assumed that
>> it would be
>> understood that the WP was for OS2
>>

> This is not a good assumption. Most of the eCS/OS2 users that use
> WordPerfect use the DOS or Windows versions which are faster and, perhaps,
> more stable.

I had forgotten that WordPerfect for OS2 was not widely used. Your
mention of
WP for DOS and Windows reminded me of that.

>> The OMNI printer works just fine for most software. Where I get into a
>> problem is when
>> I use APL2 with Auxilliary Processor 211. Displaying the image to be
>> printed is normal
>> (i.e. the image looks fine on the screen). However setting the printer
>> (within or outside APL2)
>> for portrait or landscape has no effect whatsoever and the printer
>> produces an identical
>> page regardless of the setting. I hope that this is clear. By the way
>> APL2 does not seem to
>> have any print options other than those I tried out. (but I will look
>> again for the umpteenth
>> time at the documentation)
>>

> As I mentioned at the meeting, it's much easier for others to help with a
> problem if you ask the question you really need answered. :-)
>
> Exactly what is Auxilliary Processor 211? Google tells me you probably
> mean "AP211." If so, I now know what it is. However, AP211 appears to be
> tools for storing your data. I have to suspect you are using AP207 for
> generating the graphs, but this is a guess because I have not used APL in
> the last 30 years.
>
> What are you really doing? :-)
>
> Are all your APL tools OS/2 native?
>
> Steven

You are correct. I should have specified AP207 as the apparent active
object at the
time the printer driver malfunctions. AP207 has a command that dumps the
image
created by AP207 onto the current printer. I do use AP211 immediately
after the
printing to store the function that created the graphical image.
What I am doing is to use AP207 to write a program that designs a
graphical image
This program is an APL2 function. When the APL2 function is executed,
the image
is created in memory and can then be printed. The function itself is
then archived
using AP211 so that it can be retrieved and reused whenever there is a
need later
to modify the graph. All the APL tools are OS/2 native.

Return to [ 19 | March | 2006 ]