Return to [ 13 | March | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 05:59:44 PST8
From: Harry Motin <hmotin@sbcglobal.net >
To: < mesa.newsgroup@sundialsystems.com, Help SCOUG > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: MESA.NEWSGROUP: Missing Font Letter

Content Type: text/plain

Hi Edgar,
Yes I do am trying to update to ECS 1.2 on a new machine. And my install failed, too. Right now, however, I'm concentrating on getting everything working on the new machine, but with the present 1.14 version of ECS. May I suggest that you post your ECS install problem on the SCOUG (Southern California OS/2 User's Group) Help E-Mail. I'll forward this E-Mail to the help box.
HCM

Edgar wrote:
Hi Harry: Good to hear from you .
The space for the R is there but the 'letter' is not. I gave up
trying to figure it out and just switched to Arial Bold.

I too purchased an new MB. For two week I have tried to install eCs
on it. No Luck.
It seems that it will not write to the HD.
MD is an ASUS A8N-VM with a SATA HD (200gb). I have all the latest
drivers from eComstation site. No Luck.
Also does not see the lan card chip. But I know it is a Yukon and
can get that driver on Hobbes once I get an install.
I can do an easy install of either Suze Linix 8.2 or Windows 2000P.
Just not eCs. So just an hour ago I put my old MB back in. I'll settle
for
some more RAM and an IDE HD. A machine that works is better than !.

Cheers:

Harry Motin wrote:
> Edgar,
> How are you doing? Boy, you sure have an interesting situation on your
> hands. On your spreadsheets, is there a space, a placeholder, for the
> capital "R" or did the "R" and its space both disappear?
>
> Right now I'm on my wife's computer getting my E-Mail. I don't have
> internet access anymore on my ECS machine. I finally had to get a new
> machine, because the motherboard on the one I was using showed signs
> of dying soon. It had been giving me problems for about 1 year and I
> knew it was a hardware problem somewhere. But it got worse. My new
> machine has different network cards and I'm having trouble getting
> them to work!
> HCM
> */Edgar /* wrote:
>
> Well, here's one for you!
> I have used Mesa2 for many years. All my sheets are done in Helvetica
> Bold 10
> Yesterday afternoon the Capital Letter R disappeared from the Sheets
> (not the scripts).
> Only the Capital Letter R in Helvetical Bold ... in any point size is
> affected.
> If I change the font to Arial Bold 10 I get full display.
> I copied the HelvB.* from another machine, thinking that perhaps
> one of
> the 'bits' was corrupt. but this did nothing to solved the problem.
> This only appears in the spreadsheet of Mesa2 . Opening a new sheet
> gives the same problem. I have switched to Arial Bold as a workaround.
>
> --
>
> --
> R. Edgar Scrutton
> Allison's Travel Agency Ltd
> 167 Tecumseh Road West
> Windsor. Ontario. Canada. N8X 1E8
> Phone: 519-258-5404 Fax: 519-258-4880
> edgar.scrutton@allisonstravel.on.ca
> Running: IBM WARP (OS/2) aka: -EcomStation 1.2
> ,
> Learn about: Warpstock the Annual OS/2 User Conference
> or;
> Mesa2.3 , Lotus Smartsuite
> ,Open Office Suite
> , Mozilla Browser and Email
> ,
> Running Windows 2000 Pro.as a Guest only under Virtual PC Host on OS/2

R. Edgar Scrutton
Allison's Travel Agency Ltd
167 Tecumseh Road West
Windsor. Ontario. Canada. N8X 1E8
Phone: 519-258-5404 Fax: 519-258-4880
edgar.scrutton@allisonstravel.on.ca
Running: IBM WARP (OS/2) aka: -EcomStation 1.2
,
Learn about: Warpstock the Annual OS/2 User Conference
or;
Mesa2.3 , Lotus Smartsuite
,Open Office Suite
, Mozilla Browser and Email
,
Running Windows 2000 Pro.as a Guest only under Virtual PC Host on OS/2

Content Type: text/html