Return to [ 02 | October | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:42:17 -0700
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Asus WL-330g

Content Type: text/plain

--- Sandy Shapiro wrote:

> I no longer use my Asus WL-330G Pocket Wireless
> Access Point, and I am
> willing to sell it. It is in like new condition with
> carrying case, AC
> adapter, USB power cable, and all documentation.
>
> I am asking $45.00 to mail it, or $40.00 if someone
> wants to pick it up in
> San Diego.
>
> Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Is this the one you demo'd at a SCOUG meeting, for eCS
? If so, I might be interested. I really like using
my Hawking wireless ext. USB Nic (the size of a small
thumbdrive) with my Shuttle, when on the road, but I
can only use it on the Dark Side, of course. Genmac
did not apply. The last time I checked -- several
months ago -- there was an early alpha of a Linux
driver for it, but unless there was something like
that which was proven and stable, I think the chances
of it being helpful are remote. (Who would be able or
willing to port such a thing for me, anyway ?)

So, this could be the best alternative. If I might
ask, why are you getting rid of it ? Does it do at
least 128bit WEP, or preferably WPA for security ?

I'm hoping to make it to the next SCOUG meeting,
unless you're in more of a hurry on this.

Jordan

Return to [ 02 | October | 2006 ]