Return to [ 02 | February | 2007 ]

Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:05:53 -0800
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: IP lookup of FTP hacker ?

In <45C3B042.6A60@peterskye.com>, on 02/02/07
at 01:42 PM, Peter Skye said:

Hi,

>I'm getting a lot more FTP infiltration attempts on my server here. My
>FTPD syslog.msg shows:

Hardly unexpected. :-)

>How do I reverse lookup the above IP? NSLOOKUP doesn't find it:

Whois is the correct tool for this. See below.

>A Google search on the IP shows I'm not the only one this guy has tried
>to hack. I'd just like to know what country he's in.

Going to send your relatives to visit him?

Steven

"Steven Levine" MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183 Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4
www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)
whois -H 61.136.60.164

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum: 61.136.0.0 - 61.136.63.255
netname: CNCGROUP-TJ
country: CN
descr: CNCGROUP Tianjin province network
admin-c: CH455-AP
tech-c: HZ19-AP
status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-CNCGROUP-TJ
mnt-routes: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: abuse@cnc-noc.net 20031217
changed: hm-changed@apnic.net 20031223
changed: hm-changed@apnic.net 20040927
changed: hm-changed@apnic.net 20060126
source: APNIC

route: 61.136.0.0/18
descr: CNC Group CHINA169 Tianjin Province Network
country: CN
origin: AS4837
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed: abuse@cnc-noc.net 20060118
source: APNIC

role: CNCGroup Hostmaster
e-mail: abuse@cnc-noc.net
address: No.156,Fu-Xing-Men-Nei Street,
address: Beijing,100031,P.R.China
nic-hdl: CH455-AP
phone: +86-10-82993155
fax-no: +86-10-82993102
country: CN
admin-c: CH444-AP
tech-c: CH444-AP
changed: abuse@cnc-noc.net 20041119
mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP
source: APNIC

person: huang zheng
nic-hdl: HZ19-AP
e-mail: ipaddr@ywb.online.tj.cn
address: 76 NO, ShiZiLin Street ,HeBei district of Tianjin,China
phone: +86-22-24459190
fax-no: +86-22-24454499
country: CN
changed: ipaddr@ywb.online.tj.cn 20050721