Return to [ 13 | February | 2007 ]

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:53:03 -0800
From: ggranat@earthlink.net
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: MR2I Attachment Folder: Configuring the Browser Menu Item

Hi, Steven,

Thanks for the quick response.

In , on 02/12/2007
at 11:51 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

>>In the process, I've lost my ability to view HTML included as attachments
>>to messages in MR2I. I have a vague recollection of having to configure
>>something to get this to work when I first started using MR2I a few years
>>ago, but the details elude me. Can anyone point me in the right
>>direction?

>There are serveral places to configure. Option->Setting->Advanced. This is
>for RMB->Web brower.

Yes, I caught that one early on.

>There is also Options->Settings->MIME Setup->MIME Associations. This is for
>RMB->View attactment.

Ditto for the two "html" entries in my MIME list.

>The other place is msgutil.cmd. This is from Ctrl-F3 viewing.

Caught this one, too. I also found and modified newsutil.cmd, although I
don't do news. Who knows? I might decide to do it one of these days.

>I recomend you use a browser path such as

> d:\internet\seamonkey\seamonkey!.exe

>to avoid mixing DLLs.

I tried this, but found that in my installation, the only result was to
disable the function.

All that said, I'm still unable to select "Browser" from the "Open as" menu
list when I RMB on an HTML file in the Attachments folder. When I try, the
associated icon (in the "Icon" column) briefly -- very briefly --
cross-hatches and then returns to the dormant state. I did a pretty thorough
screening of my CONFIG.SYS to be sure that the LIBPATH and SET PATH
statements pointed to my Firefox installation instead of the IBMWeb
installation. The symptoms I see suggest that I might have duplicate
libraries somewhere, but I haven't figured out how to do that kind of
thorough search, yet. According to FM/2, I currently have 2,120,223K of
downloaded material. Somewhere in that mess I should be able to find a
utility to search out duplicates -- one would hope!

Anyway, if that effort proves for naught, I'll be back on this thread.

-- gary

Return to [ 13 | February | 2007 ]