Return to [ 22 | July | 2007 ]

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:32:05 -0700
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Slow Internet Connections...?

In <46A3923F.3010807@ca.rr.com>, on 07/22/07
at 10:21 AM, Martin Rosenfeld said:

Hi,

>You live in Costa Mesa, can't you suggest alternative ISPs that are
>available locally?

Well, it's pretty obvious which one I have chosen. If I was going to
switch, I would proably look at DSLExtreme. Larry likes Speakeasy.

>Is Time Warner the only city franchised carrier here?

Time Warner is a cable provider that can also be your ISP. I really don't
know if they own their ISP infrastructure or they private label something
from a partner.

>Do you know if ATT offers cable service?

Probably not. My understanding is cable is always a local monopoly. You
should call them on Monday to make sure.

I'm not sure what your goal is with these questions, but you should
already know that none of the major vendors are going to be able to help
you with eCS/OS2 support. They are simply not equipped to do this and you
are not paying them to do this. The same is likely true for any Linux
support you might need. If you choose to use an alternative to windows,
you are going to have to find other support venues.

Steven

Return to [ 22 | July | 2007 ]