Return to [ 27 | June | 2007 ]

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:34:51 -0700
From: Colin Campbell <cmcampb@roadrunner.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: I Have a New Camera

Content Type: text/plain

I bought a more modern digital camera today, a Canon PowerShot A570 IS.
It uses AA batteries (I bought a kit with a case and a battery charger &
4 AA batteries), takes 7.1 megapixel pictures, has 4X optical and 4X
software zoom, and uses a 2GB high speed SD card.

My previous camera was a Canon PowerShot S200 Digital ELPH. It used a
battery cube (which will no longer hold a charge), took 2 megapixel
pictures, had 2X optical zoom, and used a Compact Flash card.

I was all set up to transfer pictures in eCS with the old camera, using
a CF card reader and Fotoget/2.

What I'm wondering is whether this camera will work with Fotoget/2 and /
or Cameraderie to transfer pictures with the card in the camera, and
using a USB cable. Or will I need to buy another card reader that
includes SD card capability?

I have tried plugging the camera into a USB port and using "Refresh
Removable Media" with no result. I started Fotoget/2, and naturally, it
said "no camera found". I started Cameraderie 1.1, with the camera
connected and powered on, and it said "unable to initialize camera". I
installed Cameraderie 1.5, and started it with the camera connected and
powered on, and it started to open the program, but failed, leaving me
back at the command prompt.

(I have installed the Canon software in WinXP, and uploaded two
pictures. I can put pictures on the shared data FAT32 drive, and look
at them with PMView Pro, but of course I'd like to store them right onto
an HPFS drive.)

How do I find out whether this camera is supposed to work with the eCS /
OS/2 tools?

Am I ignoring other possible solutions?

Are there settings I can try in Fotoget/2 or Cameraderie that I may have
ignored?

Thanks for any help / suggestions you can give me!
Colin

Return to [ 27 | June | 2007 ]