Return to [ 30 | November | 2007 ]

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:36:53 -0800
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: [Fwd: Your tickets]

In <4750E3BA.4090709@ca.rr.com>, on 11/30/07
at 08:31 PM, Martin Rosenfeld said:

Hi,

>I guess the mime settings are such things as send email as HTML, send
>attachments in-line, and one or more,all scattered over various places
>in Thunderbird.

Sorta. When talking about MIME, context is important. MIME stands for
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. These extensions define how to
embed structured content in an rfc822 mail message. These extensions are
defined in a set of RFC documents.

The MIME settings we are discussing at the moment are related. The
Thunderbird MIME settings describe how you want Thunderbird to render this
structured MIME content. These settings are stored in the file
mimeTypes.rdf.

>I think I have Thunderbird set up appropriately for what
>I do with it.

I suspect this is true.

>BTW, why are you using Seamonkey?

Because I like it better than the Firefox/Thunderbird combo.

>Are you helping to develop or test it?

I've supplied a few lines of code and worked with the more active
developers.

Steven

Return to [ 30 | November | 2007 ]