Return to [ 12 | November | 2007 ]

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:19:53 -0800
From: Tom Brown <thomabrown@gmail.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Soiund Card Install Help

Content Type: text/plain

Rocky,

I'm certainly no expert, but I have heard that editing MMPM2.INI can cause
problems, and that the best way to remove an existing device is to use minstall
to delete it. That way the files are SUPPOSED to be left in a usable state. Do
you have a backup from before you started making changes? If not, *AND* if you
have disk space, you might be able to do a minimal install selecting "no audio",
then copy the mmpm2.ini from that install to your current one. Ugly, but it
should get you back to a point where you cluld move forward again.

My sound card (SBLive!) is inop also, but it hasn't made it to the top of my
to-do list yet. :-(

Are you trying to install the Opti-based card?

HTH

--
Tom Brown, Catherder
thombrown at gmail dot com