Return to [ 24 | November | 2007 ]

Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:35:31 -0800
From: "Larry Tawa" <laror2007@alphacat.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: HP LaserJet P2015dn rev 1

In <160764.09.07.59.25.09.2007@independence.carrier>, on 09/24/2007
at 08:19 PM, J R FOX said:

Hi Jordan,

>Just an item or two of curiosity: Does it still have
>support for PCL5 (or later) ? Can you still print
>from a DOS Word Processor, if you have one ?

From Newegg.com: "Print Languages, std. HP PCL6, HP PCL5e, HP
postscript level 3 emulation"; no DOS here; I asked my family in Valencia
to see if they could print to their HP 2200 with the HP LaserJet 2200 via
eCS 1.2 and they said "DOS?".

>Your answer may be of interest to another list I
>participate on.

For you, I switched to the SCOUG help mailing list with a edited part of
my initial post on this subject.

I just upgraded to another HP LaserJet P2015dn via Newegg at a cost of
$406.48 including tax and shipping. I am using the HP 2200 Postscript
driver on eComStation 2 RC 2 - I am printing via SLPR and duplex without
problem. Hewlett Packard is a USA company. Please see the reviews of
this printer (Google) - excellent; one caveat holds only 250 pages. The
2015x holds 250 pages x 2 trays for a total of 500 pages but with CA state
tax and shipping after rebates as below costs approximately $243.40.

Rebate # 1 - < http://h30014.www3.hp.com/offers/us/detail.asp?id=1418 > -
$150

Rebate # 2 - <
http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/laserjet_fa07/index.html > -
$100 with trade in (HP pays for the shipping of your old laser printer)

Since the rebates are valid IMO, then the net cost for
a new PostScript printer with OS/2 compatibility is $156.48 - a Newegg.com
"Special Black Friday savings, while supplies last".

Incidentally, on the HP LaserJet 2015dn's box that I purchased is a
sticker "Product of China" - a quality product.

I have one HP LaserJet 2015dn here and another enroute at the above
cheaper price! The trade in this time is a HP LaserJet 3150
(multi-function) which never quite worked right. A fabulous deal: in part
I believe since the newest printers seem to have wireless capability which
I/my family do not need at this time.

Regards.

Larry

Return to [ 24 | November | 2007 ]