Return to [ 23 | October | 2007 ]

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:05:02 -0700
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Synchronize files...?

In <471D559C.9000303@ca.rr.com>, on 10/22/07
at 06:59 PM, Martin Rosenfeld said:

Hi,

>this really has me stumped. I read that echo in command line is separate
>from the echo setting in batch files.

Not really. The echo command is dual purpose. It can output messages to
the screen and it controls whether or not 4OS2 or cmd.exe echo command
lines to the screen.

>Echo is off in my command line (as
>it should usually be).

Actually, you really can't control it for the command line.

>I set echo on in 4start.btm

4start.btm is just another script. Its echo setting is not going to
affect other scripts, unless it is calling the other scripts, which it is
not.

>and the cmd file I am
>calling, but the process is invisible.

It should not be unless you told the WPS to run it minimized.

>I checked 4os2.ini and found no
>echo statement.

4os2.ini is a configuration file. How could it possible have a legal echo
statement?

>What do you mean by check object settings? Which object?

The object you created. Which other object could possible matter?

In case you have forgotten. Settings is synonymous with properties, so
RMB on the object you created and select properties. Look at what you
have set up under the Session tab.

Steven

Return to [ 23 | October | 2007 ]