Return to [ 13 | October | 2007 ]

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 01:07:39 -0700
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: RSJ Problem...?

In <470EC5EA.80804@ca.rr.com>, on 10/11/07
at 06:13 PM, Martin Rosenfeld said:

Hi,

>proper directory. i tried to wipe out all vestiges of the program, but
>no matter how many times I reboot or check config.sys or clean the user
>files, when I try to run
>CDWOS2US.EXE, it tells me to reboot before attempting to
>reinstall. Where does it hide?

If you can't remember the exact error messages any more, you should
concentrate on remembering to keep paper and pencil handy and use them.

Also, if you are not good an spotting changes, I recommend you get in the
habit of saving a copy of config.sys before installing any problem that
might change it.

That said, I don't use RSJ, but it probably uses the old IBM software
installer and the message you are getting is telling you that the locked
file system driver is still installed.

If so, you need to edit config.sys and remove it.

Steven

Return to [ 13 | October | 2007 ]