Return to [ 11 | September | 2007 ]

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:13:10 -0700
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: BA2KWS and RSJ problem

In <20070911224014-40322-17@scoug.com>, on 09/11/07
at 10:40 PM, jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net said:

Hi,

>The procedures I followed ahave worked for years and worked on one backup
>CD I made on 9/8. RSJ status showed three files (665+kb), 1 directory
>(2kb) and miscellaneous (54+ kb) and zero space available and the comment
>CD formatted by 3rd party-writing disabled. RSJ drive is Z in Xtree
>Bold. When I tried to view the three files in Ztree Bold, the first two
>files opened. The third file would not open and showed "Error 00". ( So
>something didn't work)

More likely, some piece or hardware failed.

When you say that the RSJ drive is Z: to ZTBold, you are saying that's the
drive letter assigned to it by the OS. What does this have to do with the
drive G: you were talking about. Is this the drive letter RSJ writes to?

Can you still read your older backups? That is do they show the expected
.dat files that BA2K generates?

>I bought a spindle of 50 Maxell 700mb, 48X CD's. A random sample of 3
>from the first 10 showed 0 space available. Before and after I attach
>it, RSJ says the CD-R is occupied by 0 files, 1 directory (2Kb) but also
>says the entire disk is occupied by "Other" files.

All of these errors seem to say that the world is having trouble reading
and/or writing to the CD drive.

What have you done to clean up and/or troubleshoot the CD drive?

>08-SEP-07 16:05:38 [id=0200] [rc1=fffd rc2=0000] [OS/2 API error code =
>15 (x000f)] An unexpected device error has occurred. Please collect all

Error 15 is a generic I can not read the drive content error report from
eCS/OS2.

Error 5 is access denied from the same OS.

What I recommend is that you reseat all the drive connectors. If the case
is dusty, clean it out with some compressed air. I'd also blow out the
dust from inside the CD drive.

Steven

Return to [ 11 | September | 2007 ]