Return to [ 30 | August | 2002 ]

Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:17:10 PST7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: WebExplorer default browser ?

In <3D6FB0DC.5989@peterskye.com>, on 08/30/02
at 09:56 AM, Peter Skye said:

>No. But maybe I never used it, which might be why my URL objects are
>pointed at WebExplorer.

Nope. More likely when you installed Netscape and the installer asked if
you wanted Netscape to be the default Browswer, you said no.

>that Set Default does actually change the system default value and the
>Help screen is misleading.]

Yes, override is a bad choice of words in this case.

>I'd love to know where (and under what key) these associations are stored
>so I can look at the same database that the WPS looks at and see how they
>are set.

PMWP_ASSOC_CHECKSUM
PMWP_ASSOC_FILTER
PMWP_ASSOC_TYPE

define the available associations

The instaance data is in PM_Abstract:Objects but it's hard to read. Life
is simplier if you use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up
your settings. Clearly they are not what you think they should be.

>is *not* available on the Open As menu any more! Apparently the
>Associations *override* the Browser setting, which doesn't make any sense
>to me at all.

That's because your setup is broken. It's not supposed to work that way.
Use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up your setting.

>Okay, StevenLevineBrowser is stored somewhere in OS2.INI. So that's
>where the master setting is.

Use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up your settings.

>Steven, do you know of a utility which will scan an INI file and tell you
>what Application:Key it finds a string in? That would make it real easy

Use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up your settings.

>All the browsers have empty parameter fields. I remember that years ago
>I couldn't drag & drop urls to browsers so this has been a problem here
>for a long time.

Use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up your settings.

>Thanks for all your help on this.

Use Henk's Association Editor (assoed20.zip) to fix up your settings.

Steven

Return to [ 30 | August | 2002 ]