Return to [ 08 | December | 2002 ]

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:30:31 PST7
From: Harry Chris Motin <hmotin@attglobal.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Norman Antivirus Installation

> if it is a WarpIN installation ...
> ... you may have to clean your WarpIN database entries !?

I did that. Here's what I did for the second attempt:

1. Deinstalled, using WarpIn

2. Removed the NAV entries from the WarpIn database

3. Rebooted and removed all remaining files/directories that WarpIn
could not (because of locked files)

3. Use UniMaint, Checkini and Cleanini to up my *.INI files

4. Copied back my CONFIG.SYS file, existing before the NAV installation
attempt

5. Attempted installation #2

Apparently, the installation is not going to completion, because there
is a DLL file that NAV wants, but cannot find. I'm thinking that I've
got to shut down some apps, or something, before installing NAV.

I'll try reading all the user manuals and help, etc. Then, I've call
Norman for technical support tomorrow morning!
HCM

"Info2SYNass.NET" wrote:

> [...]
> > To: scoug-help@scoug.com
> > cc:
> > Subject: SCOUG-Help: Norman Antivirus Installation
> >
> > Thanks for your help. But no, this is my first
> > purchase/installation of
> > Norman Antivirus. I attempted a reinstall after first
> > deinstalling,
> > using WarpIn, and just as you suggested, using UniMaint,
> Checkini
> > and
> > Cleanini. I also reinstated my CONFIG.SYS prior to the Norman
> > installation attempt. The second install attempt was to the
> > directory
> > suggested in WarpIn. No good! Same problem.
> >
> > I did an integrity check of the Norman installation, using
> > WarpIn. The
> > result was not encouraging. It said:
> >
> > Error with File "C:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\DelNVC4.DLL". OS/2 reported:
> > "SYS0002: The system cannot find the file specified."
> >
> > File "C:\Norman\Nvc\Config\nvccf.ndf" has been overwritten with
> > newer
> > file (existing: 12-07-2002 11:18:22 AM, database: 11-06-2002
> > 01:48:08
> > PM)
> >
> > I ran a check on my C:\ drive. The file, DelNVC4.DLL, is nowhere
> > on my
> > system. That's probably all of the problem. Apparently, the
> > installation
> > was not complete. I don't know why????
> > HCM
> >
> > "Info2SYNass.NET" wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi HCM
> > > have you had installed NVC earlier already ???
> > > If yes, you may clean its entries really proprly with:
> > > UniMaint - CheckINI - CleanINI !!!
> > >
> > > In UniMaint you have to search for an NVC entry and
> > > delete it as application. You may also have an entry
> > > in the config.sys or autoexec.bat looking somewhat
> > > like ZAMBA or ZAMPA an also delete it.
> > >
> > > Do reboot after all cleanings and retry the installation
> > > again !
> > >
> > > Hope this works. Cheers
> > > svobi
> > >

> > > hmotin@attglobal.net on 07.12.2002 20.49.34
> > > Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
> > > To: scoug-help@scoug.com
> > > cc:
> > > Subject: SCOUG-Help: Norman Antivirus Installation
> > >
> > > Does anyone use Norman Antivirus? I just purchased it and I am
> > > having a
> > > problem with the installation. Any help would be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > After installing with WarpIn I get the following error
> message:
> > >
> > > Norman Virus Control
> > > The installation or update of Norman Virus Control could not
> be
> > > completed due to an unexpected error.
> > >
> > > Please save your work and then click the 'Restart now' button.
> > >
> > > Copyright 1989-2002 Norman ASA
> > >
> > > A reboot does not help. I successfully deinstalled it and
> tried
> > > again.
> > > Same thing. I tried contacting Norman, but apparently you can

Return to [ 08 | December | 2002 ]