Return to [ 08 | July | 2002 ]

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:20:31 PST7
From: jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: electronic printer switches

In <3D29B6A6.759E20A9@usa.net>, on 07/08/2002
at 07:58 AM, Sheridan George said:

>Michael Rakijas wrote:
>>

>> This is not as hard as you make it sound. If you were starting from scratch,
>> this is not much more difficult than adding a physically attached printer, i.e.
>> create a printer object and define the driver associated with it. If the
>> printer is only connected to the network (i.e. via a printer server), then you
>> only need one object per printer: two printer=two objects. The only tricky
>> part for network printers is getting the network definition set right. However,
>> there has been quite a bit of discussion on this e-mail list concerning it - I'm
>> sure there's a number of experts to help out on this. If you want peer type
>> printing (i.e. print to another machine's physically attached printer), then you
>> need an additional object for each instance that you want to do this - again no
>> more difficult than the one object per printer set up. I think just about
>> anyone can handle it.
>>

>To see how easy it is check out:
>http://www.scoug.com/os24u/2002/scoug205.PrintServer.html

>Sheridan

Sheridan,

Thanks to Rocky for his comments and to you for the reference. I printed
it out.

Expect some questions, but not in the immediate future, because I fiddled
with WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS and my Lexmark 5700 now prints envelopes.
The process is convoluted but a macro should fix that.

Thanks again.

Jack

Return to [ 08 | July | 2002 ]