Return to [ 21 | April | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:16:55 PDT7
From: Tom Brown <thombrown@san.rr.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: San Disk memory card reader problem

Butch,

I also have one of these devices, but I have NOT been able to get it to
work at all under OS/2 (eCS). I have tried the USB drivers from the eCS
web site and those by Chris Wohlgemuth, to no avail. The reader does
show up correctly in the USB Resource Manager, but when I insert a
SmartMedia card and click on the Refresh Removable Media icon in the
drives folder, NOTHING happens. It works fairly well under Win2k,
however. Maddening!

Can you send me the USB section from your CONFIG.SYS and a directory
listing of the USB modules? Maybe we can help each other out and get it
working well on both our systems. :-)>

One other thing... My main system has OHC ports. I also need to try the
reader on my second system which has UHC ports. Which do you have? My
Motherboard is a Tyan Tiger MP S2460 with a single Athlon 1.2 GHz CPU,
512 MB RAM, and eCS 1.03.

--
Tom Brown
thombrown@san.rr.com