Return to [ 09 | April | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 07:26:33 PDT
From: Peter Skye <pskye@peterskye.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: email fonts ?

Steven Levine wrote:

> For NS2.02, you might just need to find and
> install fonts with Cyrillic codepage support.

I went back to my Netscape 2.02 to figure out how do this,
and found that the prompt on their font selection page is
misleading. That's why I was never able to view these
documents. I thought I was supposed to pick what I
wanted to do, but I'm supposed to pick what the other
guy did.

> Can you view Russian web pages in the browser?
> If so, you have the fonts installed and you
> need to look at your mail settings.

I don't use the Netscape 2.02 browser, just the mail client.
These incoming emails with Cyrillic fonts have embedded HTML
without any URL links (typically they just have a phone
number to call, such as the American Language Center which
will teach you how to speak English, "even slang"). No URLs
so no Russian web pages to view.

>From the five emails I got this morning, these are the fonts:

The koi8-r font is already supported in Netscape 2.02.
Now that you had me work on this problem in a different
direction I know how to manually switch to it. I'm now
able to read the ad from the American Language Center
and the one for cell phones for 109 euro.

The windows-1251 font is also supported so I can use
that now, too. I'm all set.

Thanks, Steven.

- Peter

Return to [ 09 | April | 2003 ]