Return to [ 30 | April | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:09:39 PDT7
From: "Info 4 SYNass" <Info@SYNass.NET >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Taskbar Tray

Hi Peter
Sorry, OS2_:_KEY is a typo ;-(

OS2.KEY is an important file for the WPS owned archiving system =

and you find it, read-protected, under X:\OS2\Archives !

Normally this file ONLY contains about 5 lines which are absolutely =

insufficient to get a proper WPS archive !!

The normal OS2.KEY file looks like this:

KEYFILE:OS2.INI
KEYFILE:OS2SYS.INI
KEYFILE:C:\CONFIG.SYS
KEYFILE:C:\STARTUP.CMD
KEYFILE:C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
KEYFILE:C:\OS2INIT.CMD

Upon to hints from OS/2 Warp V4 in Team and some other personal =

hints I modyfied my OS2.KEY like following:

KEYFILE:OS2.INI
KEYFILE:OS2SYS.INI
KEYFILE:C:\CONFIG.SYS
KEYFILE:C:\STARTUP.CMD
KEYFILE:C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
KEYFILE:C:\OS2INIT.CMD
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK0.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK1.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK10.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK11.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK12.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK13.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK14.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK15.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK16.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK17.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK2.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK3.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK4.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK5.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK6.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK7.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK8.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\DOCK9.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\DLL\SCENTER.CFG
KEYFILE:C:\IBMCOM\PROTOCOL.INI
KEYFILE:C:\IBMLAN\IBMLAN.INI
KEYFILE:C:\MPTN\ETC\RESOLV
KEYFILE:C:\MPTN\ETC\TCPOS2.INI
KEYFILE:C:\MPTN\ETC\HOSTS
KEYFILE:C:\TCPIP\BIN\TCPSTART.CMD
KEYFILE:\C:\MMOS2\MMPMCD.INI
KEYFILE:\C:\MMOS2\SPI.INI
KEYFILE:\C:\MMOS2\MIDITYPE.INI
KEYFILE:\C:\MMOS2\MMPM2.INI
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\SYSTEM.INI
KEYFILE:C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2\WIN.INI

Everbody can add other important files up to the individual needs, =

ie for its DB-ini or whatever !!

Very important is: The archive with this extended OS2.KEY has to be =

done BEFORE the next accident happens !!!

However and I do not know why ...
=2E.. the SCENTER.CFG get corrupted !

With a very frequent archiving it's no problem to get a proper restore
!!

But: If the time gap to the last WPS archive is too long ...
=2E.. the restore of the archive will not be very accurate ;-(

A well maintained WPS archiving is a very excellent help also in the
case =

of system troubles:

Before I do some important system changes or some delicate
installations =

I am doing a new WPS archive !!!
With running into troubles ...
=2E.. I only need to restore the WPS archived just before these
happenings =

and my system is up and running again ;-))

I also have read your answer to Sandy regarding your ZIPping procedures.
I would be interested in that REXX file because I am thinking of quick
backup =

of some specific files ie like following:

Every time the system boots I would like to have a copy of the ie
SCENTER.CFG =

to a specific location like this: SCENTER.CFG.YMMDD_HHMM

Well, I better stop here. I hope my Swiss-German-English isn't too
confusing !?

Cheers, svobi =

=

pskye@peterskye.com on 30.04.2003 14:31:22
Please respond to scoug-help@scoug.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
cc: =

Info 4 SYNass wrote:
> =

> You need to prepare your OS2:KEY file for your individual needs

Hi Svobi,

What is OS2:KEY?

- Peter

Return to [ 30 | April | 2003 ]