Return to [ 05 | August | 2003 ]

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:47:06 PDT7
From: jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: RSJ installation

Steven,

Thanks for the help.

This config.sys portion did the trick. With it I was able to use
BackAgainII to backup L: which was a copy of an old C: to a CD-RW disk,
format L: hpfs, and restore it. I did not compress the backup.

RESERVEDRIVELETTER=U
DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\ASPIROUT.SYS
BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL
BASEDEV=CDSEIDE.FLT
REM *** RSJ CD-Writer File System ***
BASEDEV=daniATAPI.FLT /A:1 /U:0
REM DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\ASPIROUT.SYS
REM BASEDEV=RSJIDECD.FLT
REM BASEDEV=LOCKCDR.FLT -n -i:"PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W2410A"
DEVICE=G:\CDWFS\RSJSCSI.SYS
IFS=G:\CDWFS\CDWFS.IFS
RUN=G:\CDWFS\CDWFSD.EXE -p "c:/tcpip/tmp" -c20000 -b2048 -t2 -i3 -s0 REM
***RSJ CD-Writer File System***

I remmed out the second reference to aspirout.sys (config.sys line 124)
because the Danis506 message during boot said line 124 was not being
installed. That message did not appear when I rebooted.

I am still puzzled by these results of chkdsk L: before before backup and
after restore:

Before backup:
1028128 kb total disk space
1356 kb in 444 directories (I may have misread 1358 as 1356) 171527 kb in
4762 user files
1500 kb in EA's
2048 kb reserved for system use
851698 kb available for use

After restore:
1028128 kb total disk space
1358 kb in 444 directories
169478 kb in 4761 user files
1500 kb in EA's
2048 kb reserved for system use
853743 kb available for use

What file was not backed up and restored? Could this file be swapper.dat?
It does not exist on L; and is 2097 kb long on C:. I did not check to see
if it was in L: before I backed up but I did not exclude it from the
backup.

With it included after restore:

171575 kb in 4762 user files vs. 171527 kb in 4762 user files before
backup. 851646 kb available for us vs. 851698 kb before backup.

I am also curious about the discrepancies between the drive date reported
by other than chkdsk. For example, the drives tree view shows (after
restore):

1028128 kb total space
181616 kb used vs. 171527 and 169478 kb used (or 183713 kb if add
swapper.dat) 846512 kb free vs 851698 and 853743 kb free (or 844415 kb
free if subtract swapper.dat)

And ZTBold shows after restore:

169721431 bytes in 4761 files (or 171575xxx bytes in 4762 files if add
swapper.dat) 866528288 bytes free (or 864431xxx bytes free if subtract
swapper.dat) 1036249719 bytes total

Is there a simple reason for these discrepncies? Should I just neglect
them?

See body of you message (below ) for answers to your questions:

In , on 07/31/2003
at 05:04 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

>In <200307311448.5133588.11@scoug.com>, on 07/31/03
> at 02:48 PM, jack.huffman@worldnet.att.net said:

>>The RSJ portion of my OS/2 config. sys and the two preceding lines are:

>>DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\ASPIROUT.SYS
>>BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL

>>REM *** RSJ CD-Writer File System ***
>>BASEDEV=RSJIDECD.FLT
>>BASEDEV=LOCKCDR.FLT -n -i:"PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W2410A"
>>DEVICE=G:\CDWFS\RSJSCSI.SYS
>>IFS=G:\CDWFS\CDWFS.IFS
>>RUN=G:\CDWFS\CDWFSD.EXE -p "c:/tcpip/tmp" -c20000 -b2048 -t2 -i3 -s0 REM
>>***RSJ CD-Writer File System***

>I'm pretty sure ASPIROUT and RSJ are mutually exclusive. I don't use
>RSJ, so unless the RSJ readme says otherwise, REM out:

> DEVICE=C:\OS2\BOOT\ASPIROUT.SYS

>and change:

> BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL

>to:

> BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD

>>[Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A] --> ignored
>>Error: Can't connect o ASPI device manager. Please verify that
>>OSASPI.DMD and a driver for your SCSI adapter have been installed.

>Is OSASPI.DMD a typo?

Yep. Should have been OS2ASPI.DMD

>>cddrv.inf 15,727 9/24/02
>>cddrv.inf 15,425 3/22/02

>Are you sure about this? They both appear to have the same name.

Correct info is:

cddrv.inf 15,727 9/24/02
cddrv.old 15,425 3/22/02

>>What I should do? Get a later cddrv.inf file? Where? Not as RSJ
>>support, their download screen refers me to the VSILogic website.

>Probably using the wrong URL. Check your typing.

>Steven

Return to [ 05 | August | 2003 ]