Return to [ 20 | January | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:57:12 PST8
From: "J. R. Fox" <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: RSJ line

Harry wrote:

> DEVICE=C:\CDWFS\RSJSCSI.SYS
> IFS=C:\CDWFS\CDWFS.IFS
> RUN=C:\CDWFS\CDWFSD.EXE -p "C:/TMP" -c20000 -b2048 -t2 -i3 -s0
>

> The last set of 8 lines are for my YAMAHA CD/CD-R/CD-RW unit with RSJ
> software.

I think these RSJ values may be too low. I had a real problem writing CDs (esp. the 700M
variety) to their full capacity until I changed this line like so:

RUN=G:\CDWFS\CDWFSD.EXE -p "K:/TEMP" -c700000 -b12048 -t2 -i3 -s8

(I happen to be running all-SCSI.) You certainly have the H/D real estate for a larger
cd-writing cache, though I don't know the extent of your RAM.

> I use Daniela's "back door" to provide read access to that CD
> unit, without having to load the RSJ software. That's why I have the
> DANIATAPI.FLT, ASPIROUT.SYS and OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL drivers and the
> RSJIDECD.FLT and LOCKCDR.FLT drivers REM'ed out.

What, How, Why ? I can see you still need the IDE stuff for the CD drives, but wasn't
ASPIROUT something that was needed for that freeware, ported-from-Unix cd-writing suite ? I
get normal cd access by just REMming out the LOCKCDR line. The RSJ s/w gets loaded, but so
what ?

[ No one seems to have had any info regarding by CD-RW query regarding RSJ . . . . ]

When triggered, my AUTOCHK times (with 2 hard drives) are slow enough to be quite annoying,
but I think they are closer to 6 min.s than HCM's 10. I run mostly 24 / 7, but persist in
using some older, more problemmatic s/w like NS 4.61 (which I drive pretty hard), and so I'm
sure I wind up having to endure this post-crash sequence more often than many of you. It must
be the smaller h/d and smaller partition sizes that keep this from being as bad as it might
be.

Jordan

Return to [ 20 | January | 2003 ]