Return to [ 12 | June | 2003 ]

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:28:17 PDT7
From: waynec@linkline.com
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: LinkSys Router (settings)

Status report:

I finally gave up trying to fix my problem (alert message "www.abcdf.com
cannot be found. Please check the name and try again." nearly everytime I
click a bookmark or url).

What I have done is to create a new Warp4 partition from scratch and apply
fixpak 15 plus other updates from the WarpUp cdrom, including the 32-bit
stack. Added Mozilla and Netscape. It works fine, but only after monumental
struggles to get an install diskette set that worked with my AMD machine.

The new Warp's tcpcfg pages show:

Network tab... "Enable interface" and "Automatically selected, using DHCP"
Routing....... no entries
Hostnames..... I have a hostname and domain name (of my choosing) and a
nameserver address (which may have been filled in automatically from the
LinkSys router, I can't recall for sure)

All other entries are empty or defaults.

Those entries don't help my normal Warp partition, so obviously I have
software problems there.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know how I can go about refreshing the communications portion
of Warp4 (ibmcom, mptn, tcpip, etc) without a complete reinstall? Selective
install does not give these options, and I do not want to have to start over
from scratch with all the various freeware I've installed and customization
I've done.

2. If you do a Warp4 install from the cdrom and install diskettes, against
an existing Warp4 partition, will it:

a) overlay the existing Warp, or

b) only replace files older than those on the cdrom, or

c) ????

2. If I purchase an eCs upgrade version (upgrade from Warp4, cheaper than
the full version), will it replace pretty much the whole system, or will I
risk still having embedded problems from my old software? Will it likely
replace the communications folders?

At this point, after 3 weeks of ongoing trials and tribulations with the ide
drive and this problem, I am pretty much convinced that Warp4 is no longer
serviceable if you are trying to move to newer hardware not supported on the
original Warp4 installation cdrom.

Wayne

Return to [ 12 | June | 2003 ]