Return to [ 16 | June | 2003 ]

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:50:37 PDT7
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: LinkSys Router (settings)

In <20030616030327.94726.qmail@courtney.linkline.com>, on 06/15/03
at 08:02 PM, waynec@linkline.com said:

>They were sent friday evening, off-forum.

OK. I found the rest of them. You are using a non-compliant e-mail
program that does not properly encode files that contain Ctrl-Z
characters. My e-mail program is not very forgiving about this and cuts
off the message at the Ctrl-Z. IMO, both are wrong, but I know how to
handle the problem once I know it exists. I've got all the files now.

Just to verify, these are from the new AMD? Correct. The config.sys
comments are confusing.

Resolv2 is wrong. As I suspected you are confusing domain with hostname.
Change resolv2 from:

domain waynesworld

domain linkline.com

Setup.cmd has a minor error:

ifconfig lan1

does nothing. It might as well be REM'ed out.

Config.sys has a another typical minor TCP/IP setup error. You want to
change:

SET TZ=EST5EDT

SET TZ=PST5PDT

Fix these up and if the DNS problem persists, send me copies of the
updated files and new traces.

>Well, now I am confused. I installed Injoy some years back, when i was
>using dial-up for internet access; I thought I'd removed it, or at least
> crippled it. Sorry, I'm just not all that knowledgeable on networking.
>Perhaps Injoy IS the problem.

Just make sure the Injoy dialer is really inactive when you are using DSL.
It probably is. As I mentioned before Injoy Firewall and your Linksys
router do the same thing for a DSL connection. I can't usually tell by
looking at a trace which is being used.

>DSL for internet access, through ISP LinkLine.com.... I only use dial-up
>for email now, but I formerly used the InJoy dialer to get to the
>internet through Compuserve.

Steven

Return to [ 16 | June | 2003 ]