Return to [ 03 | September | 2003 ]

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:42:00 PDT7
From: "Harry Motin" <hmotin@sbcglobal.net >
To: "SCOUG Help" <scoug-help@scoug.com > ,
Subject: SCOUG-Help: clipboard text shift ?

5

Peter:

If you try my GUI program (I E-Mailed it to you yesterday), it may or may not work for
you. I cannot really test it out on my system. The problem is that inside the program the
code refers to another file, "CR", which is an ASCII file. That file holds the Carriage
Return-Line Feed characters for use in the REXX program, RUN.EXE. VisProRexx
says that all I have to do is compile the RUN.EXE executable as "self contained" and
that's all there is to it. I can then distribute it to anyone else and they can successfully
use it. I'm not so sure that's correct in this case, because of the the need to use this
ASCII file.

Why don't you try the RUN.EXE out on your system. If it does not work do the following:

1. Attached is the ASCII file, "CR"

2. Place that file in a folder named, "SubProcs"

3. Place the "SubProc" folder inside the same folder that contains the
RUN.EXE program.

4. Invoke the RUN.EXE program

That should work!
HCM