Return to [ 23 | August | 2004 ]

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:12:39 PDT7
From: "Bob" <2lvvuss02@sneakemail.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: AaronEditor a minor warning (was: NewView, AaronEditor

** Reply to message from "Peter Skye pskye@peterskye.com" on Sun, 22 Aug 2004
21:56:44 PDT7

> I just tested and it's 32K (well, 32K-3). I guess he's using a 15-bit
> counter.

That is more than I got when I tested it, a little over 20k.

> I just tested E.exe and it has a maximum line length of 32766 (32K-2).

I have never tested to see how long a line E could handle as it has always
processed what I have used it for. AE failed when I tried it where E worked.

> You're correct that E allows longer lines than AE, but only one byte.
> (Well there you go then. E wins.)

If that is the case I will try AE again.

> I just tested with a file containing a 64K line. E simply terminates.
> AE truncates at 250 characters (with my 64K file, ymmv). EPM wraps the
> long line into 1600-byte display lines but only lets you see the
> beginning of these wrapped lines.

Are you sure that AE truncated the line at 250 bytes. That seems strange as I
would expect it to truncate at its longest possible line. It would be nice if
there was an error message indicating that a line was truncated, I know EPM
does not tell you a it just thrashed your file.

--
Robert Blair

Return to [ 23 | August | 2004 ]