Return to [ 07 | April | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:04:04 PST8
From: Benedict G. Archer <bga0@sbcglobal.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: BACKAGAIN/2000 differential backups

In , on 04/06/2006
at 10:30 PM, "Steven Levine" said:

>In <200604070132.1frJAt5Sk3Nl36t0@mx-collie.atl.sa.earthlink.net>, on
>04/06/06
> at 10:19 PM, Benedict G. Archer said:

>HI,

>Back to the list.

>>>Set the archive bits for your test data and run baii.exe from the command
>>>line and do the backup and exit from baii.exe. If you have done
>>>everything right,

>>I think I've followed your instructions to the letter but when I attempt
>>a command line backup from the directory where I have installed your file
>>using the command (see below) the progress window opens, nothing happens
>>and I have to kill the process from TOPS.

>You did something, but it was not what I asked you to do. Note that I
>said to run baii.exe, not clback.exe. I did not prepare clback for
>testing, so I have no idea if it should or should not work. I do know
>that the clback you ran had absolutely nothing to do with the test kit I
>sent. It does not even contain a clback.exe.

Sorry. I didn't read your instructions carefully enough.

[snip]

new results:

from a command prompt in the BA2KWS_TEST directory type baii.exe

This opens the baii PM interface with hot start window. From there I attempt to open the defined TestSet from the File/backup menu, but selecting the File/backup menu item turns the cursor into a clock face which I've never waited long enough for it to go away on its own. Can kill this with TOP. There's not much CPU or disk activity while waiting but a huge baii.trc file is being created.

I've also tried putting the TestSet.bst file in the Sets subdir so it shows up on the hot start wizard, but this leads to a similar result, except TOP won't kill this condition--reboot time.

To test whether these steps have any hope of working I tried them with my BA2K installation. Both ways work there and produce a backup container.

I have replaced BAII.CFG from your zip file with mine and experimented with various preference settings, copying yours in parameters that I don't think should matter (compression, scan etc.), to see if that helped. It didn't.

Thanks again,
Ben

Return to [ 07 | April | 2006 ]