Return to [ 10 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:46:02 PST8
From: Ray Davison <raydav@charter.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: NTFS and Fujitsu

Content Type: text/plain

butch@fyrelizard.com wrote:

> Are you partitioning with a windows installed on a partition?

I came with a 40G, primary NTFS, XP preloaded; no install disk just
recovery.

Using PM 8 while booted from a dos floppy, I shrunk the XP to 10G, and
created the rest extended. I hid XP. I added BM to the back end of
the drive using DFSEE. I was then able to install eCS1.2rm. I made a
copy of that partition on a USB drive.

I had been advised to use W2K rather than XP, but I didn't want to get
rid of XP until I got 2K working. Attempting to add 2K destroyed the
XP installation. So I cleaned the drive and started over. My Acronis
True Image copy of XP failed to recover, so I took the drive back to
as-delivered. I did not need to install eCS again because I had a
copy. It now has:

WXP NTFS primary
W2K NTFS primary
eCS HPFS ext