Return to [ 09 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:21:38 PST8
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: < "scoug-help@scoug.com" > scoug-help@scoug.com >
Subject: SCOUG-Help: next 1.2R attempt | Moz extensions & their errors

Content Type: text/plain

Hi Steven,

I've been delayed by a trip back east and then being
under the weather, but I'm about to try again with
1.2R. The next attempt -- just for clarification (?)
purposes -- will be clean, from scratch, standard
defaults. In the meantime, I scrubbed off the failed
migration attempt, after saving the installation logs,
and put back the prior eCS 1.1 from a recent image.
That part at least went well, gave me temporary
access to some things I've been missing, and gave me
an opportunity to make much more up to date Desktop
and Portable backups with UNIMAINT, which may have
some role to play later on.

On another topic, I've been looking at some more
extensions for Mozilla. When you get the error
"Install Script Not Found", is this an indication that
the extension was intended for FF only, and is not
going to be compatible with Moz 1.7.12 ? Or won't be
compatible with *our* platform ? (The ones I wanted
to try out this time were Cookie Culler, Cookie
Toggle, and the CookieButton suite -- to see which of
these might provide a particular feature I'm looking
for.) I can't recall if I tried all three, but at
least the last two of these yielded that error . . .
and I tried them in two separate Profiles.

There is apparently no generic problem with the
Profiles, because I installed a couple _other_
extensions right after these errors. I've already
Googled this error, and found little in the way of
enlightenment. A bugtracker thingy did come up, but
looked inconclusive and unedifying to me. There was
also some mention about needing to have the DOM
Inspector module installed.

If this error simply indicates that certain extensions
can't be used by Moz or eCS users, I can take that as
a 'No' and not waste any more effort on them.

While I'm at it, has anyone heard of an extension for
(quickly, easily) cycling through the recent locations
your Open File and Download dialog boxes were pointing
to ?

Jordan

Return to [ 09 | February | 2006 ]