Return to [ 13 | February | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:28:08 PST8
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Thunderbird/Firefox DLL conflict?

In <43EEEA26.6080707@san.rr.com>, on 02/11/06
at 11:56 PM, Tom Brown said:

>I have a weird problem with Thunderbird (1.5) and Firefox (1.5.0.1). I
>have installed both and had them running. Thunderbird still works just
>fine. Several times recently, however, when I try to start Firefox from
>a program object, I get a window saying that there is a problem with it.
>I lists 5 possible reasons and offers to let me modify the properties.

Considering how often this occurs, I am surprised that it is not
immediately recognizable as the classic Mozilla DLL loading problem.

I recommend you get a a yellow post-it note and write something on it that
will remind you that mixing Mozilla DLLs is often an issue and that when
this occurs, you will never be able to fix it by adjusting properties.
Then place this post-it note where you can't miss it next time this
occurs.

>This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

<http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html>

one more time and and re-read the section that discusses run!.exe.

>I remember that there is some program to track down dll conflicts, but I
>can't seem to find it on Hobbes or Google.

You mean create DLL conflicts, don't you. This would be
Firefox/Thunderbird, IIRC.

If you mean determining the name of the DLL that has a problem, the
program to use is either cmd.exe or 4os2.exe. This way you can run the
app from the command line, so that he WPS does not hide the error message.

Regards,

Steven

Return to [ 13 | February | 2006 ]