Return to [ 09 | January | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:16:57 PST8
From: "Mark Abramowitz" <marka@relaypoint.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: ThinkPad Z60t progress continues

In <200601071654718.SM02128@MAIN>, on 01/07/06
at 04:56 PM, "Mark Abramowitz" said:

>Tomorrow at the help desk, I hope to shrink that partition

Well, we did this. Steven had to do it using a brute force method, and
that wasn't until we were able to get access to the machine's full
restore. eCS was blocking it, so we made the hidden backup partition
bootable with dfsee.

My flash drive with my registration and some drivers picked the wrong time
to die, so I waited to re-do the install until I got home.

But I do have some additional partially good news! After doing the basic
install, I took a look at usbres, and it saw the EVDO card! This is
particularly good news, since it took a great deal of work, author
modification of drivers, and the finest OS/2 brains to get this far with
my original card.

The original card had an embedded OHCI USB controller, but the Z60t does
not.

Just for laughs, I moved the pc5220.sys driver over to the Z60t, added a
reference to it in config.sys, and boot. The driver was recognized, and
the card was assigned COM5! I checked the hardware manager, and the
driver was listed.

I then installed In-Joy dialer, set the com port, added the the init
strings that I had used before, and tried to dial. Unfortunately, I got a
"port open" failure. Way too much excitement...

Return to [ 09 | January | 2006 ]