Return to [ 09 | January | 2006 ]

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:56:15 PST8
From: "Mark Abramowitz" <marka@relaypoint.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: EVDO on ThinkPad z60t (was: ThinkPad Z60t progress continues)

In , on 01/09/06
at 10:21 AM, "Steven Levine" said:

>The modem is still connected to a USB port, is it not? The type of USB
>host controller does not matter.

Right. Just pointing it out because our current instructions and past
posts indicate something different.

>This may go away once we update the hardcoded USB device ids to match
>the modem. This assume that the hardware architecture remains basically
>the same.

Here's the device report from usbres:

<<< Device Description >>>
Type : 01
USB Rev : 110
Class : Reserved (0)
Subclass : Reserved (0)
Protocol : Reserved (0)
Device Information is defined at interface Level
Max. packetsize : 40
Vendor ID : 1199
Product ID : 0218
Device Release# : 0001
Strings:
Manufacturer Name : Sierra Wireless
Product Name : Sierra Wireless MC5720 Modem
Serial number : Not implemented
Number of Configurations : 1

Configuration 0 :
Lenght : 67
Name :
Value : 1
Attributes : 0xE0
Power : 0 mA
Interfaces : 1

Interface 0
Alt Setting : 0
Name : Data Interface
Class : Vendor specific
SubClass : Vendor specific
Protocol : Vendor specific
Endpoints : 7

Endpoint 0:
Address : 81
Attributes : 03
Packetsize : 0010
Interval : 128

Endpoint 1:
Address : 82
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

Endpoint 2:
Address : 02
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

Endpoint 3:
Address : 84
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

Endpoint 4:
Address : 04
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

Endpoint 5:
Address : 85
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

Endpoint 6:
Address : 05
Attributes : 02
Packetsize : 0040
Interval : 0

>Note that on the 770X, we needed to use cbenable and several other
>drivers to create a data path to the OHCI controller. It appears that
>the z60t needs none of this because the EDVO modem is connected to a
>locally connected USB host controller.

This *really* simplifies things!

Return to [ 09 | January | 2006 ]