Return to [ 29 | January | 2006 ]

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:06:27 PST8
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: OCR (was Another eCS group buy for SCOUG members - last call)

Content Type: text/plain

--- Steven Levine wrote:

> Someone just ported Clara OCR. You should have need
> the VOICE news
> posting.
>

> I guess so, since you never asked why I typed need
> rather than read. The
> reason is because I often forget to proof-read when
> I an working fast. :-)

No -- I'm accustomed to making allowances for this, as
I know that typing is not one of your strong suits.

> Sheesh. Must be time for some remedial Google usage
> training.

I probably need _all sorts_ of remedial training.
It might be a good idea to lower your expectations of
my abilities. ;-)

> Try "OS/2" Clara OCR

> Then click on any of the first 5 or 6 hits. Easy
> enough?

Yup, that went better. It led me to a page where the
guy doing the port said something to the effect of
'This ain't ready yet. Please come back later.'

> in general Google ignores unquoted punctuation
> characters.

Such as the "/" in OS/2 ? (A mere technicality, but
since when is that counted as punctuation ?)

Incidentally, that scanner pkg. I was trying to i.d.
was from STI. At one time, I believe it was for HP
scanners only, but apparently no longer. There may
have been an associated app. or two, but I don't know
if this included OCR.

Jordan

Return to [ 29 | January | 2006 ]