Return to [ 22 | October | 2006 ]

Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:02:58 -0700
From: Tom Brown <thombrown@san.rr.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Perl, anyone?

1

Steven Levine wrote:
> In <45398418.3060602@san.rr.com>, on 10/20/06
> at 07:21 PM, Tom Brown said:
>
>> Does anyone here use Perl ?
>
> Sure.

[snip]

Thanks for your help yesterday, Steven!

Well, now the testperl.cmd script runs to completion, but it finds
"suspicious" settings in CONFIG.PM. See attached output.

Is this normal, or is something still farkled?

Thanks!

--
Tom Brown, Catherder
thombrown at san dot rr dot com

Content Type: text/plain

name="perltest.out"

ECHO is off.
Testing perl... Getting version...
ECHO is off.

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for os2_emx

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

OS/2 port Copyright (c) 1990, 1991, Raymond Chen, Kai Uwe Rommel
Version 5 port Copyright (c) 1994-2002, Andreas Kaiser, Ilya Zakharevich

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

====================================
We checked that Perl can be loaded. Apparently, your PATH and LIBPATH
are set to reasonable values. From now on the tests are coded in Perl.
Press : ====================================
The next step is to check that you installed shell in a location perl can
find, so that you can start external programs.
I could find your shell, its version is '@(#)PD KSH v5.2.7 96/06/04'
Press : ====================================
Ouph, the most frequent problem is behind... Now testing Perl library search.
Found Perl library. Fine...
Press : ====================================
The following entries in 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0/os2/Config.pm'
contain path settings which look suspicious:
archlibexp => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0/os2'
installarchlib => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0/os2'
installprivlib => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0'
libpth => 'D:/emx/lib D:/emx/lib/mt Z:/usr/lib'
prefix => 'I:/Perl'
privlibexp => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0'
archlib => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0/os2'
bin => 'I:/Perl/bin'
binexp => 'I:/Perl/bin'
installbin => 'I:/Perl/bin'
installman1dir => 'I:/Perl/man/man1'
installman3dir => 'I:/Perl/man/man3'
installprefix => 'I:/Perl'
installprefixexp => 'I:/Perl'
installscript => 'I:/Perl/bin'
installsitearch => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/os2'
installsitebin => 'I:/Perl/bin'
installsitelib => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0'
libc => 'D:/emx/lib/mt/c_import.lib'
man1dir => 'I:/Perl/man/man1'
man1direxp => 'I:/Perl/man/man1'
man3dir => 'I:/Perl/man/man3'
man3direxp => 'I:/Perl/man/man3'
perl5 => 'D:/Perl/bin/perl'
perlpath => 'I:/Perl/bin/perl'
prefixexp => 'I:/Perl'
privlib => 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0'
scriptdir => 'I:/Perl/bin'
scriptdirexp => 'I:/Perl/bin'
sh => 'D:/Perl/bin/sh.exe'
sitearch => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/os2'
sitearchexp => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/os2'
sitebin => 'I:/Perl/bin'
sitebinexp => 'I:/Perl/bin'
sitelib => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0'
sitelib_stem => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl'
sitelibexp => 'I:/Perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0'
siteprefix => 'I:/Perl'
siteprefixexp => 'I:/Perl'
strings => 'D:/emx/include/string.h'
timeincl => 'D:/emx/include/sys/time.h '
usrinc => 'D:/emx/include'
Apparently you edited 'I:/Perl/lib/5.8.0/Net/Config.pm',
so I expect you know what you did. OK...
Tests finished. Press :

Return to [ 22 | October | 2006 ]