Return to [ 31 | August | 2007 ]

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:38:23 -0700
From: Sandy Shapiro <sshapiro@ucsd.edu >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Wired connection problem

Content Type: text/plain

Until I get the LAN problem on the new motherboard worked out, I am
using my Thinkpad for email.

I had been having trouble when I tried upgrading to a newer version of
Seamonkey. I restored the entire boot drive (including Seamonkey) from a
backup, and the email worked fine (using the wired connection).

The WLan connection doesn't recognize the encryption on my router, but
the wired connection was recognized on boot up without difficulty.

Then I made some changes. I tried using a new test verson of Genmac, but
it didn't work. So again I just restored the entire boot drive from the
same True Image backup as before. But now the wired LAN connection is
not recognized. WLan is still searching for a connection, but that is
nothing new. I don't understand why the wired connection worked fine
before, but now it doesn't work.

What is the best way to trouble shoot this? (In the meantime I have had
to go back to using Windows).

Thanks,
Sandy

Return to [ 31 | August | 2007 ]