Return to [ 24 | February | 2007 ]

Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:26:39 -0800
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Failure installing eCS 2.0 Beta3 on T42p

In <45DE94BF.5020403@san.rr.com>, on 02/22/07
at 11:16 PM, Tom Brown said:

>I want to install eCS + BM into part of that free space and be able to
>boot either OS. I have tried to install eCS 1.2MR (ecs12mr_cd1_en.zip)
>and eCS 2.0B3 (ecs20beta3a_cd1_en.zip) with no success. The CD boots, I
>select own values, about 45options from the first few screens, and then
>it hangs when I start the install by pressing Alt-F4 + Enter.

Very odd. T42s pretty much just work for eCS.

>With Dani, performance mode, I get DANIS506.ADD (<1sec), DANIATAP.FLT
>for about 1 sec, then a blank, black screen, hung.

Makes me wonder about the CD/DVD.

>I have also tried the last one with VGA instead of SNAP, same result.

This should be irrelevant.

>I have appended dfswork5.log from DFSee 8.11 showing the layout of the
>disk. The only thing that I can see there is the unfamiliar MBR code. I
>guess this is what IBM provides to trap the blue Access IBM button to
>get to the recovery partition instead of the normal boot sequence.

I don't see anything unexpected in the dfsee log.

There are a couple of easy things you can try with dfsee. Wipe the
freespace. Do the standard mbr and partition chain fixes that dfsee
offers.

>Is there any way to replace the Dani drivers on the CD image with the
>latest (V 1.7.10) *IF* that might help?

I doubt replacing drivers will help. Your hardware is basically older
than the versions of eCS you are trying to install.

To replace files that are on the CD, there's the bootupdt diskette
procedure. I don't know if Veit has updated this to work with a flash
drive yet.

>Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

With the 2.0 beta, try booting without acpi enabled.

Steven

Return to [ 24 | February | 2007 ]