Return to [ 27 | October | 2007 ]

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:27:26 -0700
From: Sandy <sshapiro@ucsd.edu >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: shut down

Content Type: text/plain

My venerable OS/2 Warp 4 OS is starting to have shutdown problems. If I
click on the shutdown icon, nothing happens. If I right click on the
desktop and choose "shutdown" I get a message asking if I am sure. I
then click on "yes" and again nothing happens.

My workaround is to do ctrl-alt-del, it says the system is rebooting, I
wait until the BM menu appears and then turn off the power.

Is there a way to trouble shoot this. My first instinct is to say that
Warp 4 is just getting too old. But there may be a simpler solution. I
have a hunch that there might be something in Seamonkey or a plugin that
is causing the hang, but I don't have any rational evidence for that --
just an emotional hunch.

Any suggestions I can try?

Thanks,
Sandy