Return to [ 28 | October | 2007 ]

Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:32:08 -0700
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Correct DLLs for SM 115

Content Type: text/plain

--- J R FOX wrote:

> Well, I dropped LIBC063 into \ECS\DLL -- which I
> thought it what you were telling me to do -- and it
> has made NO difference. I'm attaching a snapshot of
> the screen from the crippled SM 115 that results.
> If
> I need to remove the earlier dll from there
> (LIBC06),
> I will do so. But why do I have the feeling this
> will
> make no difference either ?

Oh _me_ of little faith, I guess. This does seem to
have worked. I don't quite "get it" how this (063 vs.
062 or 061) translates into these particular observed
results, but there we are.

Now on to the next issue. It seemed that my roster of
Plug-Ins were still being referenced from an old Moz
1712 directory tree. And I'm trying to change this
Plugins lineup. EDIT --> PREFERENCES in SM does not
reveal wherever it is that you tell SM *where* to find
its Plugins. I'd like to change that stuff over to
\PLUGINS in the current app tree. If possible, I'd
like to replace the 4.05 Acrobat plugin with one from
Acrobat 5. (We can't use Lucide for this, right ?)

Is it sufficient just to delete and replace various
Plugins files with the file manager ? I'm pretty sure
that is true for several of them, but maybe not for
all. Flash needs to create a particular sub-directory
structure when you run Flashinst, for example.

I thought I just installed the Flash 7 that reports
itself as Flash 9. It seemed to go as expected, and
now I see it showing up in ABOUT:PLUGINS, even though
the files now reside in the app tree of SM 115.
However, when I try to run some test Flash (*), there
is nothing going on, and ditto for websites I go to.
(Flashblock was never installed in the Profile I used
for the test.)

{*} I'm going to attach a very small one, which is
among the Flash test files I always used. They worked
when I had Flash 5 and later ver. 7 for OS/2 working
under Mozilla.

Jordan

Content Type: application/x-shockwave-flash

File attachment: AtomLogo.swf

Return to [ 28 | October | 2007 ]