Return to [ 30 | September | 2003 ]

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:06:45 PDT7
From: "Robert Blair" <blairra@tstonramp.com >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Re: Rejected messages that I never sent

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox" on Tue, 30 Sep 2003
10:33:44 PDT7

> And Robert -- what is Sneakemail ? Evidently a remailing service of some
> kind, but details please.

It is an anonymous mailer, you can check it out at sneakemail.com. Any email
sent to one of your sneakemail addresses is forwarded to any email address you
want.

I have been converting all of my mailing lists to use a sneakemail address, one
address for each mailing list. That way if some spammer starts sending too
much spam to one of them it is easy to unsubscribe the old sneakemail address,
delete that address, create a new sneakemail address, and subscribe. I also
use different sneakemail addresses for any company on the internet that wants
an email address for any reason. Since each company gets a different address
if they give or sell my address to a spammer I know which company did it.

I don't know why Steven thinks they are hard to use but the way I have my email
client set up it is very easy. It is as easy as clicking reply to respond to
anyone that sends you email through sneakemail, this is a standard feature of
sneakemail. I have different personas set up so if I want to send a message to
a mailing list I just put the sneakemail address in the "From" field and send
the message to the list. This does not hide my identity but in the case of a
mailing list that is not the purpose of the sneakemail address, it is to reduce
spam. If I want to hide my identity I go to the sneakemail web site and send a
message through their web form. Also replying to a message sent through
sneakemail hides your identity so I do not need to use the web site very often.

--
Robert Blair

Return to [ 30 | September | 2003 ]