Return to [ 30 | July | 2006 ]

Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:43:44 -0700
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Refresher Course on File Properties?

Content Type: text/plain

--- Steven Levine wrote:

> Generally, one should use Program Reference objects
> on the Desktop because
> they are more flexible and their settings persist
> even if the underlying
> executable file is replaced.

Well, this is certainly educational. I had no idea
there were two kinds. Ever since W3, I have just had
Shadow objects, either directly on the Desktop or
inside folders on the desktop -- either created by the
individual program at install time, or if necessary
created by me after the fact. (Those would likely
have been derived from Templates.) So there is a
choice here, or am I still misunderstanding ?

Do you recall the anomaly I have experienced in the
past, where desktop objects had their desktop
placement scrambled ? Steve Schiffman said there was
a bug in the WPS implementation, whereby Shadow
Objects would not obey the "Lock in Place" setting,
which is supposed to prevent this object movement
from happening. Is this an example of the difference
in program object behavior -- according to which of
the two types they are ?

Jordan

Return to [ 30 | July | 2006 ]