Return to [ 27 | October | 2007 ]

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:02:09 -0700
From: J R FOX <jr_fox@pacbell.net >
To: scoug-help@scoug.com
Subject: SCOUG-Help: Correct DLLs for SM 115

Content Type: text/plain

--- Steven Levine wrote:

> This is not so much a SM issues as a libc issue.
> Life is better if you
> install the latest libc dll set, which is what you
> appear to have
> downloaded.

> These should go to a directory that is
> visible system wide. I
> prefer \usr\dll, but \ecs\dll is OK too. You need
> to get rid of any other
> copies of these dlls.

Hi Steven, and thanks for your reply.

The thing is, I have Sunbird (0.3, because I could not
get the later one to work at all), and may want to
keep SM 111 around a bit longer, plus also put in some
version of FF, to finally try it out and because it
seems to offer a lot more in the way of Extensions
support. Given such a landscape, and the fact that
standard vs. PW builds of SM seem to require different
versions of Libc, I would be concerned that anything
system-wide would give rise to pre-emptive conflicts.
If that is correct, there may be more benefit to
having the specific Libc required be present in each
directory where the app's .Exe lives, no ? Or do I
need to investigate Rick Walsh's program ?

btw, I did re-read Peter Weilbacher's instructions,
and tried having the 063 dll in the SM 115 directory,
either alone or in tandem with the other 06x ones. I
also recalled that the Libc and GCC should probably be
present in the install directory, during installation.
I think that had worked out for me in the past, but
none of this helped this time out. I can map out a
list of any LIBC's that eCS can see, and that may
clarify the conflict you are suggesting.

> >One or the other of these (probably GCC,
> >but I don't recall) is distributed in a pkg. of
> 1.5M
> >size or larger, and an elaborate directory
> structure,
> >but we don't need to install the whole dang mess
> (?),
>
> You are on your own with this unless you bother to
> provide some file
> names.

O.K., try this:

10-20-07 10:43a 48,427 73 a---
GCC-3.3.5-csd3-doc.zip
10-20-07 10:39a 40,895,401 69 a---
GCC-3.3.5-csd3.zip
6-11-07 10:35p 32,801 0 a--- gcc335.dll
10-20-07 10:30a 2,389 0 a--- Install SM
for eCS.Txt
10-20-07 10:34a 527,363 70 a---
libc-0.6.1-csd1.zip
10-20-07 10:33a 762,523 70 a---
libc-0.6.3-csd3.zip
10-20-07 10:33a 1,543,228 70 a---
libc-0_6_3-csd3.exe
10-20-07 10:26a 2,094 0 a--- SeaMonkey
1.1.5.Txt
10-20-07 10:28a 14,628,578 137 a---
seamonkey-1.1.5.en-US.os2.installer.exe
10-20-07 10:26a 138 131 a---
seamonkey-1.1.5.en-US.os2.MD5SUMS
10-20-07 10:26a 677 130 a---
seamonkey-1.1.5.en-US.os2.README
13 file(s) 58,443,619 bytes used
2,455,805 K bytes free

The 2nd. one down, which turns out to be *a lot*
bigger than I thought -- like 142.5M, unzipped. I had
wanted to just capture the tree structure of it for
you, to aid identification, but could not figure out
the command to make PKZip 2.5 (with or without ZTree)
do this, so I'm attaching the next best thing -- /VIEW
-- which is still of reasonable size.

Regards,

Jordan

Content Type: application/octet-stream